Sunday, September 18, 2016

Too Much Dog Food Causes Loose Bowels

Quite the subject line, no?  After talking about the continued problems with Rhyn having loose bowel movements with my friend Bill at Pet Supplies Plus in Minneapolis, he asked how much food I was feeding him.  Turns out I was feeding him too much, because since I cut back on the food Friday his bowels have been normal!  THANK DOG!  It wasn't the quality of the food, it wasn't Roundworm, it wasn't a secondary infection (although I'm sure the antibiotics didn't hurt at all), it was that I was feeding him too much food. I'll be bringing him a six-pack as a 'thank-you' for sure!!!

On a 'getting along' note:  Yesterday Zoey has finally had enough of Rhyn continuing to pester her after he'd been warned off.  And I guess my 'human' idea that she was 'allowing' him to 'steal' her bone was also very misguided.  Zoey is nothing if not polite, until she's not polite anymore.  Zoey let Rhyn have it twice yesterday, pretty badly - no blood drawn but Rhyn went squealing in terror to the house where Mark and I met him and calmed him down.  It was pretty scary for a little baby puppy, but I'm hoping he's learned his lesson. Don't steal from the big dogs!!!

Rhyn using the big bed as a headrest

No comments:

Post a Comment