Sunday, September 4, 2016

Three Weeks and a Day

Zoey and Rhyn are playing every day now. Zoey counsels Rhyn as he needs it; I've learned to mostly hold my tongue. She knows what she's doing. I don't speak Dog so I need to trust her. She occasionally does get too strident, and then I will step in and tell both of them to knock it off and things get back on a more even keel.  Zoey constantly tips herself over on her back to bring herself down to Rhyn's height and it's just so much fun to watch.

Vet appointment for 2nd Puppy Booster vaccinations went well - Rhyn has gained six pounds in a couple weeks! He's now at 18 lbs 2 oz.  The vet suggested we try a less 'rich' puppy food (re: continued puppy poops) so we've done that and like magic - his poop is now normal and not as often. He went from Orijen Puppy to Fromm Gold Puppy.

On another dog food note, Zoey hasn't been eating her food as well lately, so I decided to just do away with Orijen altogether and go back to her standard of Zignature Limited Ingredient Dog food, in Duck flavor. She's eating like normal now.

Rhyn definitely knows he's home, and definitely knows we are his guardians. He often looks to my husband or I just to make sure we're there - and now he's started looking out for Zoey. If Zoey's out in the yard with him when we're playing, all other play stops, because he's got to play with Zoey. Now the humans in the house can't wait until those nasty puppy teeth are gone...


No comments:

Post a Comment