Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I Must Remember Rhyn is a Baby Puppy

I took Rhyn up to the Saint Anthony Park Home this morning, just to say hey to a few people and see if I could get Lisa to play the piano.  I was curious as to Rhyn's reaction to that, and wheelchairs.

Needless to say, he had no reaction.  I swear, this little prince is the most non-reactive puppy - except when a roomful of other puppies are coming down the pike at him.  Ha ha.

On the drive home, I noticed the tell-tale signs of impending vomit ... Rhyn drooling.  Sure enough, about halfway home, Rhyn gave up all he'd eaten this morning from breakfast on.  I love how dogs puke so quietly, not like cats at all.

Luckily I keep two thick blankets in the back so they are easily washed, and nothing landed on the car seat itself.

Anyway.  The drive combined with new experiences is just too much for a little one to take.  He'd thrown up the last (and only) time we'd gone to SAPH, too.  So, that much of a drive is out for Rhyn until he's at least six months old, if not older.  I'm just glad he can make it to puppy class and Pet Supplies Plus without any issues!


Rhyn, 15 weeks old


No comments:

Post a Comment