Sunday, October 16, 2016

Behavior and Reasoning

As Rhyn grows and matures (what, I know, he's just coming up on 4 1/2 months) I find it very interesting to watch the interaction between him and Zoey.  I find it so fascinating, I'm regretting that there wasn't an interest in dog behavior when I was growing up; I surely would have attended college for it.

Zoey has been an only dog for her 3.5 years on the planet,  so adding the puppy to her life has sometimes been a strain for her.  She has a problem with letting Rhyn have any treat for very long.  I try to make sure each dog has their own same treat; but then!  Zoey keeps stealing Rhyn's.  But then, Rhyn manages to steal it back. Last night, though - Rhyn was edging his careful way over (Rhyn thinks he's so clever that nobody is noticing he's inching his way across the floor) to where Zoey was chewing her treat and Zoey lashed out, quick as a snake.  Rhyn screeched and that was the end of either of them having treats. I removed them and everybody went to bed.

Lately, the favorite dog treat in this house has been Yak Milk Chews - they last a long time and the dogs are very content to chew them down. A big plus is they aren't slimy like the rawhide, and I think are actually healthier.  What is really cool is when there's  just a nubbin left, you can microwave them for about 45 seconds and they puff up like a big fat cracker.  Make sure they cool off before returning them your dog. You can find them on Amazon here: Himalayan Yak Milk Chew

Rhyn seems more sleepy than usual today - possibly the result of a disrupted night and training class yesterday.  It is good for puppies to sleep, for sure. You can almost watch them growing.

Rhyn catching some Zs

Paws for my friend Jean

Rhyn's coat is coming so nicely

Rhyn's beautiful fur feathers



No comments:

Post a Comment